Tuesday 25 August 2009

Quilting

Well hello, sorry I have been missing in action for a while, but I have been so busy making gifts and visiting friends and parents that I have let my blog get behind.


I hope you dont get bored with all my piccies because I had such fun making them all.


I made 6 of these cushion covers in yellow especially for my hubby, he is a real yellow person.





This Autumn runner I made for us as a table center, if ever I actually find the table under all my stuff.



I made a set of 6 of these place mats as a welcome home gift for my parents, who recently returned from France to live here.





I made this set, consisting of a runner, 2 placemats and 2 coasters for the friends who went over to France to help bring my parents home.




The quilts below are presents I made for my parents too.




Last but not least a table centre which was the first time I have done a "Dresden Plate" design, I was really pleased with how it came out.




We have had a lovely couple of weekends recently visiting firstly our friends Samantha, Leigh and their son, in the wonderful Dales of Yorkshire, where we spent a lovely relaxing day chatting stitching and of course eating lol


Last weekend Saturday was spent visiting another lovely friend Tammy in her new home near Whittlesey where we had glorious weather and spent the day sitting and stitching in the garden, Polly and her daughter arrived mid afternoon and we dined alfresco with the wasps. I was also lucky enough to recieve a beautiful Bell Pull that Tammy had made for my birthday


We went back to Pollys that evening to stay over, where I recieved another fantastic gift of the EQ6 quilt design programme, how lucky am I. We came home sunday evening, what a fabulous weekend.


Last week was my birthday and I was amazed at all the cards I got (over 20) and some wonderful unexpected presents from my friends on A Crafty Natter and I got a wonderful new PINK camera from my hubby, its fantastic and does so much, I just have to learn to drive it now lol


I am now going to enjoy the last year of being in my fifties, for next year I hit the big 60 woo hoo and boy am I going to celebrate it.

It seems I have an extra piccie at the top of the page and I cant seem to get rid of it HELP


6 comments:

Bergdatter said...

WOW Colly - amazing production!! I have seen it all on the board, but gathered like this it's just even more impressive how much you get done.

BTW- Which photo is it you want to get rid of honey?

Colette said...

Its the one at the top Moll, I duplicated it then couldnt delete it lol
Colly

Bergdatter said...

Oh, I see - in the actual post?

Stitchabilities said...

Lots of fabulous projects Colly.
I hope you are enjoying your week!!

Coffeebean's Dailies said...

Oh Colette! How wonderful! What lovely gifts and how lucky the recipients are! Love the piccies! Well done and keep it up!!

Stitchingranny said...

Well here am I back in blogland and come to pay you a visit, only to find you have been absent even longer than me. So come on missis, pull out the fingers and get typing and show everyone all those lovely new designs you have been doing.